NEW: JIGS ONLINE PROGRAMS
a) Intensive Training Camps
- 9 hour per day training (9am-1pm, 3pm-6pm, 7pm-9pm)
- we have 10 teachers, most of them EGD 7d or stronger
- variety: each student will be guided by at least 3 different teachers a day
- training includes tsumego, league games, reviews of every game, lectures, more relaxing evening training
- usually 4 classes grouped by rank
b) less intensive 8-week courses
- 1h Go theory lesson per week
- each day tsumego homework + corrections by teacher
- at least 1 league game per week
- usually 5 classes grouped by rank
- Next course will start mid of April 2021!
c) “Play + Train”
- meet once per week (currently Friday 5-8pm CEST)
- students play each other
- the trainer supervises the games and interrupts here and then!
- the goal is not so much to win the games
- students are allowed to take back moves and rethink after feedback from the teacher
- immediate feedback
d) Bundesliga Game Reviews
- Training for the entire team
- While 4 people play, the teacher explains the games live to the other team mates
- interative session
- the training will be recorded and exclusively made available to players from the team
e) Individually Tailored Training
- you say what exactly you want!
- we implement it pedagogically
- previous groups who have used this training include national youth teams from various countries in Europe
- this can also be used as an offline option (either the team comes to Jena, or it is also an option that two teachers come to you)
Prices for these Online Trainings
- For all the above options prices are kept to a minimum
- JIGS itself does not aim to make profit
- We just want to pay our teachers decently to enable them to make a living from Go
- Get in touch with us or check the specific announcements for camps for the exact prices
OUR CLASSIC OFFLINE PROGRAMS IN JENA
LINE I (ELITE) STUDENTS
Line I of JIGS aims to strengthen the Go skills of European children to finally compete with Asian professionals. This aim should be achieved step-wise after several years. After five years, Line I should consist of 40 students in the age of 8 to 20 years.
LINE II (INTERNATIONAL) STUDENTS
Line II of JIGS aims to strengthen Go players in general. There is no age limit. Each Go player can choose to join the International Go School on a daily basis or for a longer time period up to months. On average we envision 6 to 10 Go students of any age.
LINE III (CAMP) STUDENTS
Line III of JIGS aims to spread Go among European children combined with a lot of fun. The bootcamp will be organized four times a year, usually during holiday for one week each. Each bootcamp will consist of 15 students with an age ranging from 8 to 20 years.
TEACHERS (FROM JULY 2019)
We aim to have four teachers in JIGS.
For the current pilot project we have two teachers; however, if you are also enthusiastic about our project, please let us know and we’ll be very pleased to welcome you to the team in the near future!
|Line I (Elite)||Line II (International)||Line III (Camp)|
|Duration||1 year (Class IV)|
2 years (Class III)
2-3 years (Class I & II)
Any point of year
~4 times a year
Usually during holidays
(teaching + accommodation included,
subject to change)
partial financial help possible,
please contact us
600€/2 weeks, 1000€/month,
(food not included)
|Accommodation||Shared room, ~15 sqm, gender-separated|
+ Bunk/double beds.
+ Desk for homework
+ Space to store clothes.
+ 3 bathrooms
|Shared room, ~35 sqm|
+ Sleeping space
+ Alternative: large living room
+ Mattress provided by JIGS.
|+ Mattresses provided by JIGS
+ Alternative: tents in the garden
+ Hostel (in case of 10+ students,
supporting JIGS with special prizes)
|Language of Instruction||English or German||English||English or German|
|Qualification||Selection by Instructors|
Age 8-10 / < 3 kyu: Class IV
Age 10-13 / 3 kyu - 3 dan: Class III
Age 13-16 / 3-6 dan: Class II
Age 16-20 / 6-8 dan: Class I
(Alternative: individual 6-month plan)
|Selection by Instructors|
|Selection by Instructors
|Schedule||Click here||Click here||studying with a teacher from morning to evening.|
|Life & Death Problems||Daily||Daily||Daily|
|League Games||Daily (2 games)||Daily (with Line I)||Daily|
|Training with AI||Daily||Flexible||Daily|
|Tournaments||1 EGF-rated tournament per month|
|Flexible||Arranged by Instructors|
|Leisure & Sports||Weekly sessions||Flexible||+ Night walks
+ Treasure hunts
APPLY & JOIN JIGS TODAY!
Frequently Asked Questions
The JIGS student is asked to leave Line I when turning 20. The student can continue studying anytime in Line II. In case not all places are filled, the student might stay longer in Line I depending on a decision by the management.
At any time, potential future students can visit our Go school together with their parents for several days and weeks. The fees for Line I students will apply accordingly. For potential Line III students, the Go Bootcamp for Kids is an elegant way to get to know the other JIGS-students, teachers and environment. This time can also be used to interact with and select a national school.
Young children have the possibility to be accompanied by their parents at JIGS. Every family situation is different, so please get in contact with us to find an individual solution for your situation.